We are tirelessly working to create revolutionary therapeutic options for patients with cancer and other difficult to treat diseases.
We are passionate. We are driven. And we are committed to delivering on our promise to patients by rapidly translating our first-in-class Bicycles into transformative medicines for oncology and other diseases.
Bicycle is a transatlantic company headquartered in Cambridge U.K., with many key functions and members of our leadership team located in our offices in the biotech hub of Boston, Mass.
To learn more about our current openings, see the listings below. For general enquiries from the U.K., please contact: email@example.com. For general enquiries from the U.S., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Research Associate – Immuno-oncology/Oncology
Reports to: Associate Director, Oncology Research
Location: Lexington, MA, US
The Research Associate located in Lexington, MA USA will be primarily responsible for developing and executing immune-oncology in vitro and ex vivo assays of Bicycle® T-cell modulators to enhance progress of Bicycle’s oncology pipeline towards the clinic. In this lab-based role, he or she will be a key player in implementing in vitro characterization of lead T-cell modulator series in Lexington, U.S.
The successful applicant will have a strong scientific background and hands-on laboratory skills in immunology, immuno-oncology and/or oncology with experience of immunological assay development and in vitro pharmacology. The successful candidate will work as part of the Oncology laboratory team and will be responsible for designing and running immunological and cell-based assays to characterize Bicycle T cell modulators. The role will involve close interaction with both the Biology, Chemistry, and Translational Biology teams for project centric activities and for data and progress review. The successful candidate will also be expected to support laboratory operation functions.
- Independently design, conduct, interpret, troubleshoot and report in vitro studies using a wide range of established methodologies for Bicycle T-cell modulators
- Develop and implement a range of oncology, cell viability and cytotoxicity assaysas required for new projects across a diverse range of target classes
- Develop and implement a range of immunological and cell-based assays, including functional T and NK cell assays
- Identify, evaluate and implement new technologies to augment and extend in-house assay capabilities through literature and working closely with academic collaborators and CROs
- Serve on internal project teams. Communicate with project team and colleagues effectively and work well with others to meet experimental and organizational goals
- Present the results of independently conducted research effectively in oral or written form to line manager
- B.S./M.S. with 3+ years academic or industry experience in immunology, immuno-oncology, or oncology
- Broad experience in cell and molecular biology techniques and applications
- Preferred experience in primary cell culture and cellular immunological assays
- Preferred experience in analyzing multiple immune endpoints including cell proliferation/cytotoxicity/apoptosis, cytokine level, and cell surface molecule expression using cellular, biochemical, and flow cytometry techniques. Experience with ELISA, Luminex, and/or MSD would be a plus.
- Ability to conduct research independently and manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work flexibly and reliably, prioritizing accordingly to the company objectives
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment
Please submit CV and cover letter to: careersUS@bicycletherapeutics.com